December 1, 2012

Washington, DC {Part 1}

Back in late November my beautiful friend Crystal came for a quick little roadtrip to Pittsburgh! Can you believe it? I feel so lucky to have her as a friend. She is literally the best. I can't believe she has put up with me after all these years. And to top it off - I am proud to say that she is our most favourite RCMP ever. I always feel safe around her. She is our family protector among other things. ha! Crystal and her sister were anxious for east coast exploring. {Note - We are literally 4 hours away from Capitol Hill} So you know that means?! Road-trip! Crystal is a road-tripping expert and we love going on road-trips with her. She just drives and drives. Love that girl. Alright, I know these are 3 months late but guess what? I have more free time now that my baby is getting his sleeping schedule straight these days and he sleeps in. Bless his little lovely soul. Ok check our little trip from December 1st when we visited DC. 

I loved Washington DC. That place is so beautiful and so well kept. It had the most beautiful buildings. For the first part of the afternoon we wanted to check out the Lincoln Memorial. However, after looking at the maps and calling Joshua at his study group in Pittsburgh we learned we were at the opposite end and 2 miles away. So we toured the Capitol Building quickly. It was pretty crazy the Guards had some hardcore guns. We then made a  sweet lunch break at the Native American Museum {of course}. Crystal treated us to Indian Tacos while Winston had a little change and nurse break. I picked up some cute alphabet books for Winston's Christmas present. After the gift shop we made our way to the Natural History Museum. Also as a side note DC had a lot of Hot Dog stands everywhere, every block even! 

stay tuned for part 2! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE DC it's one of my favourite places. Your pictures make me want to visit again. Looks wonderful! And that winson! Such a darling!!

    ReplyDelete